I recently had an Acer aspire one zg5 replacement battery that (after fully discharging) would no longer hold a charge. It worked fine when plugged in, but would turn off right after discharging. This is due to a BIOS error, and this article will show you how to update the BIOS to the official Acer revision 3309.
This article is meant for the AOA110 and AOA150 models ONLY, ingluding the ZG series of AOA110 and AOA150 netbooks.
1. On a separate computer, click here: http://gd.panam.acer.com/
2. Click Netbook -> Acer Aspire One -> AOA150 -> and then below, choose the “BIOS” tab.
3. Click the orange “Down” arrow to download the BIOS.
4. Open the .zip file and extract the two files: “3310.fd” and “Flashit.exe” onto your thumb drive. Rename “3310.fd” to “zg5ia32.fd”
5. Insert the thumb drive into your powered off Netbook.
Acer as07a41 laptop battery brand new 4400mAh Only AU $58.19
Acer aspire 5520 laptop battery brand new 4400mAh Only AU $58.29
Acer travelmate 4200 series battery brand new 4400mAh Only AU $61.16
6. Press and hold down the “Fn” and “Esc” keys and turn on the Netbook while still holding these keys for about 30 seconds, then let go.
7. Your Netbook should stay black for anywhere from 2-4 minutes or so. Once it restarts, safely remove thumb drive, and charge it for a while. It should successfully hold a charge from now on.
Tips and Warnings
1. Your screen might stay black for a while, DO NOT restart your computer manually, it is still working, please be patient and wait for it to restart on its own.
2. Flashing your BIOS is a potentially dangerous procedure, as if you don’t do the steps properly, you could essentially corrupt the BIOS. If you are not comfortable following these steps, please contact an professional to help.
Laptop Battery Wiki Related Articles