How to root the Kindle Fire HD
Just recently, another tablet from Amazon was announced and released — the Amazon Kindle Fire HD. The Kindle Fire HD came in three variants, including an LTE version. Although the tablets run on Android, most of the aspects of the tablets’ interface are heavily modified to keep the Amazon feel to it. Nevertheless, the tablets, being on Android, can be rooted and modified.
In this guide, we will be showing you how to root your 7-inch Amazon Kindle Fire HD. If you are a beginner in rooting, you might want to check out our which makes the concept of rooting easier to understand for people who are not really well-versed with all the technicalities. I tell you, once you are an Android user, you’ll want to jump on the rooting bandwagon. Don’t get left behind while nearly all are enjoying their Android devices to the fullest.
Mad props to XDA Developers member sparkym3 for releasing an automated root tool that will certainly aid you in rooting your tablet. Although this is a tool and will require less effort in rooting, knowing more about the terms and processes will be of great help later on.
The guide shows you how to root the Kindle Fire HD.
Acer aspire 4710 extended life battery brand new 4400mAh Only £33.31
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the 7-inch variant of the Amazon Kindle Fire HD. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- 7-inch Amazon Kindle Fire HD
- A Window’s PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing the Kindle Fire drivers package (Kindle_Fire_HD_ADB_Drivers.zip, 9 MB).
- Enable ADB on your tablet by going to Menu > More > Settings > ADB.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Your tablet’s USB cable
- Download the Qemu Root Tool to your computer (QemuRoot_v1.0.zip, 1.3 MB).
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- For backup tips, check our guides on how to sync your data to the cloud and how to create local backups of your mobile data.
- Extract QemuRoot_v1.0.zip to your computer.
- Connect your tablet to the PC using the tablet’s USB cable.
- On your PC, double-click on the RootQemu.bat file you extracted from the root tool package.
- For the rooting process to start, key in number 1 onto the Qemu Automated Root Tool window. This window will pop up after you have launched the program.
- Follow the instructions provided on the screen to help you in rooting your tablet.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Amazon Kindle Fire HD. With this, you can explore your tablet even further and try out a handful of tweaks, mods, and access system files.