Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site’s product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. Take a closer look atthat our visitors wanted to see the most during the month of May.
In that sense, think of this list as the “most clickable laptops of the month” …the notebooksthat most of the people visiting this site are interested in learning about. Keep in mind that clicks directly on the “Most Viewed Laptops” list do not count toward the total - keeping the list as fair as possible each month. The only clicks that count toward the monthly totals come from web searches like Google or from visitors who have clicked on a laptop after visiting our “Notebook Database” or inside our forums.
The budget-friendly HP Paviliong6 is holding onto the #1 position yet again with more than 16,000 page views for the month. The Dell 15R made a surprise return to the Top 10 jumping all the way to second place thanks in part to recent deals at Dell.com and other while Lenovo G570 held firm in third place.
1. HP Pavilion g6 (Still #1) - The Pavilion g6 is a budget-priced laptop that tries to balance great design, solid HP Pavilion DV6 Battery Life while browsing the web., and affordability. The Pavilion g6t series with 15.6-inch LED display features a range of available Intel Pentium and Core i series processors, 7, multiple graphics options, and a 6-cell battery with more than four hours of
2. Dell Inspiron 15R (Back in the Top 10) - The Dell Inspiron 15R multimedia notebook includes a 6-cell battery that was tested to last for a maximum of 4 hours of power. Consumers can choose to purchase the optional 9-cell Dell Inspiron 1525 Battery for longer mobile power. Hard drive can include up to 640GB of storage. Comes with a standard integrated graphics card or an optional ATi Radeon graphics card. Color choices include black, blue, pink or red.
3. Lenovo G570 (Previously #3) - The G570 is part of the budget-priced/general use G-Series line by Lenovo. Running on Windows 7 Home Premium on a 15.6-inch display (1366×768), the G570 has an Intel Core i5-2410M dual-core processor and up to 8GB of RAM. Choose from a 500GB capacity hard drive at 5400rpm or a 750GB capacity hard drive at 5400rpm. The graphics card included with the system is an Intel HD 3000 (integrated).
4. Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 (Previously #2) - The Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 is a 15.6-inch multimedia and gaming ultrabook. The Ultra M3 stands out because it’s the first ultrabook that packs a dedicated graphics card. Not only that, it is the first ultrabook on the market with the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics. It can also support up to 6GB of RAM and astorage drive. It weighs in at 4.4 pounds and measures in at 14.8 x 10 x 0.79 inches.
|5. Asus Zenbook UX31 (Previously #4) - The Asus Zenbook UX31 is a 13.3-inch notebook with a 900p screen. It also comes with the option of a 11.6-inch screen. It was designed to compete with Apple’s MacBook Air because of its higher-end specifications in a slim form factor. You can customize this notebook with up to 4GB-1333 DDR3 RAM. It has a 50Whr polymer (non-removable) Asus A32-F5 Battery.|
|6. Lenovo ThinkPad X220 (Previously #6) - The 12.5-inch Lenovo ThinkPad X220 is an ultraportable business notebook that will soon replace the popular X201. The X220 comes built with the latest of the Intel Sandy Bridge processors (Core i3, i5 or i7), has a high-quality IPS display, and can deliver more than eight and a half hours of battery life. With the optional battery slice this system can deliver 18 and a half hours of mobile life. Choose up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a hard drive with up to 320GB of all new ThinkPad X230 in June.. Just keep in mind that the X220 is being replaced by the|
7. Alienware M14x (Back in the Top 10) - The Alienware M14x makes a return to our Top 10 list thanks to the recent announcement of the M14x R2(the second generation of the M14x). The updated M14x replaces the aging Nvidia GT 555M graphics with the new and improved Nvidia GeForce GT 650M with Optimus. Combine that with multiple storage options and Intel Ivy Bridge processors starting in June and you’ve got a decent portable gaming rig.
|8. Lenovo IdeaPad Y480 (New to the Top 10) - The new IdeaPad Y480 is a 14-inch multimedia notebook designed to give you a perfect balance between seriousperformance for work and multimedia power for play. Whether you’re editing HD video or playing video games this laptop has you covered.Equipped with a 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE dedicated graphics, this laptop is available with either a traditional hard drive or hard drive and mSATA(SSD).|
|9. HP Folio 13 (Previously #7) - The HP Folio 13 is a 13-inch ultrabook encased in aluminum. It has a thickness of 0.7 inches and is equipped with a second-gen Intel Core i5 processor and 128GB solid state drive. It weighs in at 3.3 pounds.|
|10.(Previously #8) - The Dell XPS 15z is a 15-inch multimedia notebook with an ultra-thin metal chassis, an optional 1080p display and a backlit keyboard. The XPS 15z can be configured with a second-generation Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce GT 525M dedicated graphics for serious multimedia performance. With a starting weight of just 5.5 pounds and an attractive metal exterior this is an interesting alternative to Apple’s MacBook Pro.|